Do You Sell and Install New Doors?
If your garage door is malfunctioning, you must be asking yourself; “can I replace a section of my door or do I need to replace the whole door?” Replacing your garage door is a smart investment. According to the Remodeling Magazine, installing a new garage door produces more than 80 percent in your home’s resale value.
A new garage door improves the functionality and enhances the appearance of your home. It ensures the security of your home’s entrance and everything you keep in the garage. You may be tempted to think can my garage door be painted and deal with the issue? Well, it can, but the problem may be more than one that only needs a quick painting fix.
Installing a new door is a daunting task. It involves electrical works, lifting, and removal of the old door. Therefore, you need the expertise of a garage door professional. There are important things to consider when installing a new garage door:
1. The cost: New garage doors cost between $200 to over $4000 depending on the material used. The total price will include the cost of new tracks, connectors, fasteners, and adhesives. It is possible to save money through do-it-yourself installation, but the risks of personal injury are too high. Consult a reliable garage door retailer and choose your door appropriately.
2. Insulation: To increase energy efficiency and reduce your utility bills, think about insulation when installing a new garage door. You want to choose a door with a high R-value. Insulation helps to retain the heat. A high R-value insulates the garage against outside noises and cold air. A well-insulated door has polyurethane foam or polystyrene in its construction.
3. Pinch resistance: Pinch resistance pushes your fingers away from the rails if they are too close to the door.
4. Tamper resistance: An exceptional new door has bottom brackets that eliminate the risk of injury from door components.
The importance of hiring an expert
Always ensure that an expert installs your new garage door. The contractors’ bids must include the cost of removing the old garage door and installing the new one. The material and style of the new door, and whether you are including garage door openers will impact on the cost.
It costs less to install a steel garage door without openers than a wooden door that has openers. Modern-day innovations yield high-tech doors with an energy efficient glaze and thick insulation.
New garage door types
The kind of door you choose and any extras will influence how much you will spend. Consider longevity when picking material for your door. A good door should last between five and ten years. Some garage door styles and materials to compare include:
1. Custom wood: These are solid wood garage doors made of mahogany, hemlock, or cedar. They cost higher than other garage doors and add significant beauty to your home’s exterior.
2. Wood composite: Made from recycled materials, for anyone looking for an eco-friendly option. It can be painted and personalized and is relatively affordable. So, if you have ever wondered, can my garage door be painted? The answer is a plain yes.
3. Vinyl: These doors are becoming popular, as they look better than steel. They are not dented easily and require less maintenance.
4. Steel: This is the most common type and most affordable garage door. Consider the R-value when buying a steel garage door to keep the temperature in your garage regulated.
Different types of garage doors
There are at least four basic styles you can choose from:
1. Swing out: The two doors open outwards from the center; ideal if you intend to have the ceiling for extra storage.
2. Swing up: Also known as the tilt-up gate, it swings up as one piece from the floor pulling into the ceiling
3. Roll-up: The sectional door is the most popular one and is easily operated using a remote control.
4. Sliding: This style has two doors that run along a track on top of the garage opening
If you are struggling to get answers as to when should I replace a garage door with a new one, remember that it is the first thing people notice when they come to your home. Let an expert in garage door replacement assist you make that important choice.
Once the new door arrives, the technicians have the wherewithal to get all kinds of doors installed with precision the first time. You can relax knowing that your residential or commercial property will look and function great.